Friday, September 2, 2011

Directions for Making a Grocery Tote





I'm not sure if it's the cooler weather or what... but the sewing fever has offically hit again.  I entered the sewing room this morning - with another plan... but hey the best laid plans get changed.  Seeing this sage green burlap all rolled up looked like it was time for using.  I began by thinking that I might use this fabric for placemats.  Already cut to size - I changed my mind. 

Headed for the stencils - and DAILY BREAD came forth.   This reminds me that God's Word  strengthens your faith in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Now for the directions:
  • cut the fabric into a rectangle or what ever shape or size you think you might use - I just used the size of a common placemat :)
  • stitch around the outside about 5/8 of an inch to the inside on each piece stitch two pieces wrong sides - wrong sides together - if you have a wrong side (burlap does not)- on 3 sides - leaving one completely open
  • cut your straps or handles - I just doubled the fabric - any length you want -  stitched together - and let them fray to match the tote


  •  

  • stitch the handles to the top of the bag - no exact science here - just where you think they should be will be fine
There you have it.  I made three in about 45 minutes... including letting the paint from the stencils dry.

One could have fun and use lots of cute prints; or just use what you have!  Now - enjoy shopping with your new totes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Just comment below...