Wednesday, August 31, 2011

French Cabinet ~ white / blue

I purchased this china cabinet at one of my favorite 'treasure' places in Charleston, TN along with the matching buffet.  I loved the French design, the curves, and the gorgeous crown. 

At first sight ~ I knew I wanted to paint the china cabinet... This piece would be my first china cabinet, although, I have been painting furniture for sometime.  I really didn't want to have to sand that finish. I then heard about Annie Sloan Chalk Paint ~~~  "Praise the Lord - God is good!  All the time"!  ~~~  makes me want to dance!!   So now that I found a way to paint this baby...

Now... I REALLY started looking at it.  I wanted to paint the inside as well as the outside.  I realized that I couldn't get to the inside with those fixed side panels - that's when I decided I would remove them and have open shelving (which I love anyway).  Removing them became a little more difficult than I imagined - as some projects seem to do - LOL. I had to remove the entire top to get the fixed panels out... away went the panels and away when the glass door.

This is the before picture... I'm sorry - but I got to carried away taking this thing apart to get in-between pictures. :) 





















I used ASCP in Old White for the entire first coat.  Then I mixed just a little Paris Blue with
watered-down Old White - created such a nice icy blue to use for the back panel.  I then applied another coat of Old White and followed with a  clear wax.  I used the dark wax in the recessed places in the doors and the carving on the crown.  It's one of my favorite pieces!




I headed out to the garage - found a piece of wood ... and made the sign -
IN THE BEGINNING.
It's painted with Old White and Paris Blue for the base... and some 'uniform blue' from
Hobby Lobby for the lettering. 











Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Just comment below...