Wednesday, February 16, 2011

New to the Blog World ~ Woo Hoo!

New to blogging...
Hi there! I'm Connie Boyd and I am so excited to be here! I'm looking forward to all the fun we'll be having here together in The Shabby Home.
Let me introduce myself - I'm the mother of three wonderful people. My daughter is an active mother with two of my grandchildren. She’s a homeschooling mom and loves to decorate. My son is a ‘work at home’ dad with two more grandchildren. He can fix anything and is very creative. My third child is a precious – very active – red-haired little boy. He keeps me young! We are home-schooling. When I’m not teaching, playing, cleaning, or helping to care for my (84 years young mom)… you will find me ‘prettying up’ - the treasures I find for The Shabby Home online store.

Refinishing furniture is more than a job for me. It’s about taking something old and putting it back to use. Preserving the character that furniture holds is just part of the process. I like to see where Grandpa wore the finish from the ‘head’ dining chair through years of use. Even if it’s not my grandpa – it’s about the value of being beautiful with imperfections. It parallels our life with Christ. HE takes a used worn life and when he enters into our hearts – we become useful, beautiful because of HIM, and still imperfect – all in the same body. I hope you enjoy your stay.

I like what I do!  Take a look...   

This is an example of what I enjoy most about my work - taking things from a cast-off to beautiful.... at least in my eyes. ... Now these can be enjoyed at as 'set' of mismatched dining chairs.  


Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Just comment below...